Making the Most of Your Portraits
YOU’RE ALREADY FABULOUS. BUT HEY, THERE’S NO HARM IN STEPPING IT UP A NOTCH FOR PROFESSIONAL PORTRAITS, RIGHT?
TIPS FOR EVERYONE:
- Get some rest! Make sure everyone–especially young children and babies–are well rested before portrait sessions. Avoid the grumpies and bags under eyes by allowing yourself some extra time to feel fresh!
- Be well fed. Get those bellies full! But please, no kool-aid or popsicles beforehand for the kiddos…
- Decide well beforehand what you’ll wear, so that it’s not a stress point for you. Choose something you feel great in, something that makes you feel like yourself, and confident! Don’t be afraid to bring a few clothing items to switch it up (jacket, sweater, etc.). Seniors, make sure to bring clothes on hangers so they don’t wrinkle. Which brings me to…
- Wrinkles in clothes! Make sure they aren’t hanging around…
- Moisturize your skin, and be well hydrated!
- Be careful with too much sun/sunburns the day before photos.
- Bring hair/makeup touch-up items with you.
- Relax…I’m going to make you look great. =)
- Consider wearing a light color to best accentuate your belly! Tight fitting knits work in a flattering way for the bump–and flowing sheer lace or net garments make your bump look glamorous in the spotlight.
- Make sure noses are wiped and little smiles are clean!
- Bring any comfort or “fun items” you like.
- Snacks or rewards are fine!
- Don’t worry about posing and the perfect pic–kids will be kids!
- Make sure the home environment is warm and cozy for babies who are getting undressed for pics.
- Make sure extra outfits are wrinkle-free and stored on hangers to prevent them.
- Have fun!
- Be certain to fill out the wedding survey and family planning formso we can make sure you get the portraits with family and friends that are most important to you!
- Give yourself–and our portrait session–plenty of time!
- Take a deep breath. Enjoy your bridal portraits with just you and your partner. We won’t want to rush these special moments, so let the pressure of the day go for a moment and let’s make some magic!
- Don’t worry about what is happening while you are away for photos. These precious moments will literally zoom by, and your bridal photos will be the cherished items that you come back to, over and over again, to relive your day. Let’s make them great!